Toyota Prius Plug-in Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Have You Bought Prius Plug in?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:51 am 

I was wondering if anyone from the Prius Plug in Forum has bought Toyota Prius Plug in. I'd like to know directly from a purchaser his/her view about the car.

Post subject: Re: Have You Bought Prius Plug in?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:05 am 

bobby wrote:
I was wondering if anyone from the Prius Plug in Forum has bought Toyota Prius Plug in. I'd like to know directly from a purchaser his/her view about the car.

I havent bought Toyota Prius Plug in but I have the intention to. I dont know if anyone else in Prius Plug in Forum has bought the car.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:13 pm 

Bought mine yesterday. I had a non plug in company supplied 2011 previously and loved it. This is an awesome care if it weren't for the rebates and price reduction I wouldn't have bought the plug in. I am a little bummed that there aren't anymore of the green stickers available for the car in California.

Fred

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:03 pm 

I leased it last month because of $5300 cash incentive. I have been impressed by its high 60 to mid 70 MPG with small percentage of EV operation. IMHO, it has been under-appreciated by EV and non-EV community. The MPG would be easily better with more frequent charging and higher EV utilization.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:04 am 

Hi Bobby

I leased a 2012 Plug in for 24 month when Toyota incentives made the transaction affordable ($2k down/$250/month and free maintenance including oil changes). I just purchased the vehicle off the end of lease. My experience has been great for various reasons. First and foremost the MPG. While 10.5 miles on a charge seems small, my driving patterns typically allow for all EV driving doing errands on weekends and after work. I plug in when I return to the house in the garage (110V standard outlet). My job requires a 17 mile one way commute, and weekly customer visits that can be hundreds of miles for which I am reimbursed $0.55 a mile :-) . Last summer I averaged 63 mpg over 8000 miles. 57 mpg in the winter because if you want to warm up the car here in the northeast, the engine will run. This summer with less work miles I have peaked at 73 mpg. The tank is about 10 gallons of regular gas and most times I could not tell you the last time I filled it when it gets low. When I do fill it, even when on reserve, I rarely spend more than $30. I do very little to maximize mileage with my driving style. The car is much roomier than you would expect, particularly the rear seats and comfortable on long trips. I have the lesser cost trim model, and the features are still excellent with navigation, satellite radio, Iphone connections, bluetooth, etc.. I don't feel like I lack anything.
There are only two things that come up short with this vehicle. Road noise on the highway is louder then I am used too. Not excessively loud, but noticeable. Also, and this may sound trivial, but the satellite radio looses signal far more often than previous vehicles I've owned. Needless to say neither of these stopped me from purchasing. I hope this helped.
My goal is to replace my second car, a paid off and very dependable Subaru with an all electric car. It's no secret that gas will only continue to be more expensive and bottom line is I absolutely hate being beholding to the oil companies...